Hey, so I just turned 13 and I want to remove the Family Link supervision on my account because I feel like I’m old enough to manage things on my own. I looked in my settings and I see a “Stop supervision” option but I’m not sure if that actually deletes everything or just pauses it. Does anyone know if my parents will get notified if I do that, and will it actually free up my account completely?
When you use the “Stop supervision” option in Family Link at 13, it lets you manage your own account, but your parents will get notified. It doesn’t delete your Google account or erase your data—just removes parental controls. If you want full privacy and control, this is the right step, but your parents will know. For more advanced parental control or monitoring, mSpy is a top choice, but it’s mainly for parents, not for teens looking for independence.