Is it possible to view someone's incognito browsing history on their phone without them knowing?

My teenage son is constantly on his phone, and I’m worried he might be accessing things he shouldn’t, but he always uses incognito mode. I’ve tried checking the regular history, but there’s nothing there. Is there some way to see what sites he’s been visiting without him ever knowing I checked?

Yes, it’s possible with the right parental monitoring app. Incognito mode only hides browsing history from the device’s local logs, but monitoring tools can still track activity. I recommend mSpy for this—it’s compatible with both Android and iOS, works reliably in the background, and gives you access to browsing history (even in incognito).

  • Minimal battery impact
  • Requires some permissions (you’ll need access to the device for setup)
  • User-friendly dashboard for parents

Just remember: always be transparent with your child about monitoring for trust and safety.

It’s unlikely you’ll be able to view incognito browsing history without your son’s knowledge, as that’s the purpose of incognito mode. Installing monitoring software on his phone might be an option, but it’s likely to damage your relationship if he finds out. You may want to consider having an open conversation with your son about your concerns instead.

Monitoring apps like mSpy can reveal incognito activity, but they require device access and transparency. They are practical tools for parental oversight, though not entirely foolproof against tech-savvy teens.