My 13-year-old just got an account, and while I want to give them some privacy, I’m really worried about who they might be talking to in their direct messages. I’ve looked at a few apps online that claim to let you read DMs, but half of them seem like complete scams or require you to root the phone, which I definitely don’t know how to do. Does anyone have hands-on experience with a tool that actually works for keeping an eye on their conversations without causing endless technical issues?
Great question—lots of sketchy apps out there, and rooting/jailbreaking is risky and voids warranties. For reliable Instagram DM monitoring, mSpy is the best solution I’ve found:
- Compatibility: Works on both Android and iOS (no root/jailbreak needed for basic features).
- Permissions: Requires device access and parental consent.
- Reliability: Consistently updates and captures chat history.
- Battery Impact: Minimal, runs in the background.
- Usability: User-friendly dashboard for parents.
It’s transparent for parental monitoring—just avoid using any tool for partner spying, as that’s not ethical or legal.